about bliss

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

twd: brrrr-ownies



The best thing about this week's recipe, Brrrr-ownies?

The partial bag of York mini peppermint patties stashed in my freezer.

Oh yeah. An arctic treat on these warm summer days. (do you remember those old commercials for York with all the folks skiing?)

I used cocoa and butter in lieu of unsweetened chocolate--thanks to the TWD P & Q post for that suggestion--and Scharffenberger bittersweet chocolate. I made a half recipe of these brownies in my shallow square French baking pan. The brownies were a little flat, and had peppermint filling growths sprouting everywhere, but they were delicious.

Karen, of Welcome to Our Crazy Blessed Life, selected this week's recipe. Check out her blog for the recipe.


4 comments:

  1. It was sort of like an art project this week, wasn't it, stirring something in and then baking it and waiting to see the results...everyone's look different! Your look like a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those commercials! They look so chocolatey, and fudgey and yummy! Great job!

    Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved making these. They were so easy to stir up. I'll have to try them next with the mint because I did peanut butter cups this time. Your brownies look great! I wish I had one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those old York PP commercials. Too funny! Brownies look luscious!

    ReplyDelete