about bliss

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

longing for words and treats

I miss blogging! I miss baking! I miss thinking thoughts that are unrelated to motivating lazy, difficult, and ill-prepared students, and I miss conversations that don't revolve around those same students:)

To that end, I'm dedicating this weekend to writing/baking/deep thoughts, and I can't wait. I have a conference paper to create--a fun piece on the evolution of romance fiction in the digital age. I will bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I will sketch out the mini-study abroad course I want to propose (American Ex-Pat Writers in...PARIS!). And I may follow the swirling, colorful leaves Northward to Door County to drink in the gorgeousness that is middle fall...

And I will share with you all some untold stories about Chicago. And lines from men in local bars. And my favorite fall moments.

2 comments:

  1. So....that's sad, it looks like you won't be coming for homecoming...?

    I'm enjoying checking out your blog periodically!

    :) Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Lou:) I've enjoyed your blog too--such wonderful photographs! I'll miss y'all at homecoming! Give the *Alma* mater a big hug from me:)

    ReplyDelete