about bliss

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

the scholar at work


photo of dharmagirl, courtesy of macbook photobooth

snow swirls and spins
hot chocolate and toast
reading, taking notes
one week to prepare
back to Auburn
presenting
this time, with degree
haywood and bushnell
intrigue, scandal
breaking the mold
matri-literary?
the question before me


busy at work, making my once-a-semester stab at scholarly writing (how i miss the possibility of a new project! how little time i have to write when i'm drowning in student writing that needs urgent, dire attention...). winter's relentless grasp drives us all indoors, seeking fleece throws, steaming beverages, and hearty fare. i can't wait to shed a few layers next week when i'm in Alabama! excited to see my friends and my mentor/professors, now colleagues. anxious to be back in the place where i lived, loved, and grew so much over the course of six years. already anticipating a surreal, bittersweet return. stay warm, stay happy, and have HOPE that spring will arrive soon (imagine my delight at receiving a seed catalog in the mail...visions of container gardening dance in my head...)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:32 PM

    Hi! I was surfing the net and came across this gem of a blog. Keep up the posting!

    Cliff

    ReplyDelete