about bliss

Saturday, June 07, 2008

saturday mornings

I love sunny summer saturday mornings, mornings that shimmer with the promise of a new day. I love rolling out of bed and throwing on my yoga togs, strapping on my chaco sandals, and hitting the sidewalks. I love strolling the farmers market and talking to my favorite farmers, colleagues, artists, and new friends. I love stopping at my favorite local sandwich shop for a cup of strong alterra brew. I love walking back home, my tote bag filled with veggies--asparagus, spring onions, baby lettuces, spinach, and fresh mini-mozzarella balls. I love gathering up my yoga mat and driving to my gym, where I can stretch out, explore my boundaries, consider my edge, before heading back home to cook up a saturday lunch of roasted yukon golds with rosemary, a salad with baby greens, roasted chickpeas, fresh mozz, and a tangy lemon honey vinaigrette, and finally, a scrambled egg with spinach, asparagus, and green onions. I brave the damp fog that blows in off the lake and sit on my deck, planning my next step, or not planning at all. Laundry and garden need tending to, but so does the stack of enticing books--amy bloom, kate christensen, anita shreve, russ parsons, and carly phillips. Could every day be as wonderful?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Russ Parsons?! Oh, did you pick up How to Pick a Peach? I checked that one out a few weeks (month?) ago, and loved it. I'm thinking of buying it, actually--can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! it's fabulous, isn't it? i've only read the opening and a few of the fruit/veggie sections, but i can't wait to read more of the "philosophical" stuff. i think it's interesting how he's organized the book.

    ReplyDelete