about bliss

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

daily bliss: market time

Saturday morning I giddily walked downtown with G, soaking up the warm sun, gentle breeze, and anticipation. We noted the bright tents dotting the parking lot across from the library, next to the river. I prolonged my excitement a bit longer as we stopped at our favorite Saturday breakfast spot, Wrap it Up, for a large Alterra coffee. Then, the moment was upon us: the first market day of the season.  

We chatted with friends, vendors, and even a local newspaper reporter. Then, we bought veggies—so much green. 



Sunday night, after finishing addressing and assembling and sealing our wedding invitations, we made risotto primavera. I sauteed asparagus and set it aside so it wouldn't be soft and overcooked. Then, I made a delicious base of butter sauteed carrots and onions, added rice, and a generous splash of wine. A simmering pot of homemade veggie stock made an easy, taste task of ladling stock and stirring rice. 


I baked squares of tofu and made a sort-of chimichuri sauce of cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil. It was bright, tangy, and delicious on the slightly dry tofu. A bed of steamed spinach completed the plate. 


Some meals come together even better than in my mind, and this was one. I like to credit the fresh, local veggies, as well as my less stressed frame of mind: a Sunday night when the semester is finished and all the grading in is luxurious. And, that first Sunday off the academic calendar: magical. 




14 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stock tips in stock market are the best medium for those who wants to invest money in markets and want to make some profit in short period of time without spending much of their time in analyzing the market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using a stocks tip list like this is a smart move to make if you are inexperienced or don't have the time to put towards analytics yourself like hardly any of us do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stock market tips are suggested to the investors in the Indian Stock market to provide them to gain healthy profit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real value stocks can be a fine investment, offering the investor both generous dividends and rising stock prices in the future. Some stock tips that look like bargains turn out to be losers, not value stocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stocks can turn out to be a treacherous quagmire for inexperienced investors. Penny stock tips help you to reduce the risks involved to maximize your profits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top players can use this method with much better results than basing on company reports or other information that is sketchy at best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    This one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff and is very much useful for me. Very well written I appreciate & must say good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stock tips in stock market are the best medium for those who wants to invest money in markets and want to make some profit in short period of time without spending much of their time in analyzing the market.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much! Feel free to subscribe to my blog in the sidebar. Thanks for the wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ibiza Catering- The low cost catering company for your Ibiza Wedding and Villa Parties. Quality Ibiza Catering service for weddings in villas, venues and event locations. Ibiza private chef for any occasion. Easy online booking. Packages available.

    ReplyDelete