about bliss

Monday, March 03, 2008

natal day



These gorgeous pink and white tulips, imported from the netherlands, are a bday gift from my parents, who brought them to me all the way from the other holland!

I feel blessed today--the small acts of kindness and thoughtfulness have lessened the sting of turning 34, and have reminded me of what's truly important--family, friends, loving kindness, and shared time.

And chocolate.

My "sally" moments ("but I'm going to be 40...someday") will continue to flit in and out of my consciousness, but for now I'm glad, and so grateful that I know so many wonderful people who share their lives with me in a multitude of ways.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:22 PM

    Happy Birthday!

    I enjoy reading your blog. It's refreshing and helps me to escape for a few minutes into a less hectic atmosphere.

    Cliff

    ReplyDelete