about bliss

Monday, April 23, 2007

beware the giant iced mocha...

Last night I met up with some former students for a reunion of sorts, and I can't remember the last time I had so much fun or felt like I was back in college myself. The evening was one of those balmy spring evenings, and we sat outside along the main strip adjacent to campus and chatted, giggled, ate, and were all around silly. I drank a giant iced mocha--apparently ordering the wrong size--which was delicious, but come 1, then 2 am, when I still couldn't wind down and fall asleep, was more of a curse. Then I felt old:) I wouldn't really want to be 19 again, but for an evening it was delightful pretending I was younger than I am.

Now today the research paper grading madness begins...ugh. On a positive note, in a week the semester will be done and I can start my new writing routine...I'm anxious to dig into my novel again with a singlemindedness. Well, besides packing up my life, that is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment