about bliss

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

perfect joe

Just a quick post today, which will likely be the situation for the rest of the week/weekend/early next week until all my end-of-the-semester grading is over. I've already graded 12 research essays since class yesterday, so I'm quite proud of myself for being on target (I devise an elaborate grading schedule!). This morning I managed to make the perfect cup of coffee--the right strength, with plenty of body, a touch of sweetness, and just the right amount of hot milk. And I enjoyed a slice of pumpkin chocolate chip bread from Great Harvest Bread with my coffee...I love those free slices of bread they give out. I always choose something decadent even while the bread I'm buying is anything but (honey whole wheat).

Now I'm off for a short stroll before I start preparing for my afternoon on campus.

Tonight Mom and I are going to see Elizabeth Berg at a local school--I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say about the art of fiction:)

No comments:

Post a Comment