It's may, it's may, the lusty month of may...
May always symbolizes the end of survival mode and the beginning of thriving mode for me. Unless something freakish happens (and it could), the snow should be over. Spring semester, the tortuous marathon through the darkest days of winter, is in the last exhilarating mile.
May is time to celebrate tulips (see tomorrow's post), mothers, memorials, birthdays, and the official start of summer.
Reading a friend's blog today inspired me to think about this new month, as yet unwritten. What do I hope to accomplish?
* cultivate a cheery disposition as the stress level at work *could* increase, with the typical end of the semester madness and the additional burden of budget uncertainty
* observe daily mindfulness moments, cooking, reading, reflecting, connection
* enjoy daily encounters with the ever evolving natural world springing to life
* create stronger separations between work and real life
* gather supplies for my summer of creativity
* reconnect with friends in RL
* edit the stuff filling my home
* choose a new paint color for my study
* explore new places in my town and surrounding environs
* live in the moment