about bliss

Monday, September 21, 2009

daily bliss: farewell, summer


Dahlia, a late summer blossom

Despite overwhelming sleepiness, I walked to the Lake after work today, wanting to enjoy one more hazy summer afternoon of wave watching and sun drenching. 

Trees everywhere are loosening their leaves, and the nights come quickly and chilly. I reach, once again, for my trusty fleece jacket and lightweight scarf, before heading out in the evenings. 

My stomach yearns for warm soups and cornbread, for red wines over whites, and for quiet days at home, spent holed up with hot beverages, meandering conversations, and long cooking projects. 

Farewell, oh Summer of Fun, a summer beyond imagination, a summer beyond wonderful, a summer beyond full. My heart overflows with gratitude for the sheer abundance this season provided. 

And now, we begin Fantastical Fall...

I can hardly wait:)

2 comments:

  1. I know...I love Fall, too! Hope you had a lovely last day of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite season, although we are just now needing to break out the odd fleece. I'm glad your summer was so wonderful and I enjoyed reading about your travels.

    ReplyDelete