about bliss

Monday, April 13, 2009

daily bliss: kitchen witch cookbooks

This little gem of a store, Kitchen Witch Cookbooks, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Of course, I was drawn in by the name alone, but doubly curious at the "Welcome Pop Culture Conference" sign hanging on the door. I had a lovely chat with Philipe, who gave me a NY Times article about a new foodie romance memoir, and a free book! I also bought another foodie themed novel, as well as a jar of creole seasoning. I could have spent hours perusing all of the culinary curiosities in the story and chatting with the proprietor, but, alas, there was only so much time in each day and only so much room in my suitcase. On your next trip to New Orleans, make sure to add this place to your list.

3 comments:

  1. hey J~~thanks for stopping by le blog. Today was a hellish travel day (we were diverted to Birmingham for 2hrs because of ATL weather & when I finally got to my car at 3 after getting up at 4am!, the battery was dead) Quelle horreur!

    Anyways, i'm back home and after a long nap, I'm unpacking and trying to sort myself.

    Hope your week's off to a good start! more soon!!

    PS love the beignet post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place sounds so interesting - wish we stumbled upon it when we were in NOLA last month. And the beignets and cafe au lait look amazing - the thought that it might be a few years before I get them again is seriously depressing. Hope you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Sounds like a wonderful store. I like its name too.

    ReplyDelete