about bliss

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

daily bliss: roller skating

Tonight I drank a late cafe au lait and headed out to the local roller rink for a student activity night. Amidst disco lights, fog machines, and a huge video screen, students and faculty skated around the wooden floors to music, most of which I didn't recognize as I don't listen to much contemporary pop music anymore, opting for indie instead...

As I sailed around the rink, I remembered the otherwise nerdy, shy bookworm with a navy blue skate case decorated with white stars, protecting a pair of gleaming white skates with pink wheels and three sets of pink and white pom poms. This girl never felt quite so cool as she did at the roller rink, even if she was never once asked to skate on couples only. Then, she'd buy a frozen coke and talk with her friends, and wait for the next all skate to be called, and dream that the cutest boy in class just might ask her to skate later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:58 AM

    I haven't roller skated in ages. It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete