about bliss

Friday, June 19, 2009

daily bliss: summer storms

As we sit on the edge of the summer solstice (one of my favorite days of the year), thunderstorms rage across West Michigan...

Loud cracks of thunder, brilliant flashes of lightening, and intermittent downpours wash the world in vibrant green, contrasting with charcoal skies...

Inside, we celebrate my Dad's birthday with leggy wine, delicious dinner, and decadent chocolate chocolate cake...

People keep asking me what I'm doing this summer since I'm now officially *not* teaching a summer class (yay, yay, YAY!!!), and I say, "learning French. planning fall classes. writing two articles. working on my novel."

(it *sounds* a little better than what I'm *really* doing, which is hanging out, drinking wine, daydreaming, and being lazy. and loving every single, blessed, fleeting moment:).

Next week I'll attempt to bridge the public impressive line and the private guilty truth, but for now, I'm fixin' to listen to the storm rage outside and settle in for a little more relaxation, another glass of wine, and a few more words dabbled here and there...

No comments:

Post a Comment