about bliss

Saturday, July 25, 2009

daily bliss: clouds and rainbows



Tonight I'm entranced by the clouds shaping, gathering, and moving across the sky, out over Lake Michigan.

Sun and rain have been playing tag today, and I've had the chance to feel warm rays and cool drops dance across my skin.

It's a quiet night here in northeast wisconsin (if my phrasing sounds reminiscent of garrison keillor's "news from lake wobegon," well, it's stuck in my head as i listened to phc for the first time in, well, months), despite the brief torrential downpours of this afternoon and the rumblings of thunder off to the west some time ago. A few birds chirp, and few cars drive past, a few voices catch a wave of air. I allow the silence to fill the house before switching CDs, selecting the perfect songs: Mindy Smith's "It's Amazing." Matchbox 20's "Hand Me Down."

I walk out on my deck, barefoot, feeling the slick damp asphalt and soggy astroturf under my feet, the gentle lift of my floral skirt as I turn this way and that, trying to capture these clouds.



Look closely, and you just might see a rainbow, evidence of the mingling of sun and rain, the yin and yang of it all.



Cue up Kermit, and ponder...

"What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
the lovers, the dreamers and me."

No comments:

Post a Comment