about bliss

Monday, February 09, 2009

daily bliss: jennifer crusie novels

Have you ever read any of Jennifer Crusie's novels? They sparkle with witty dialog, complex characters, satisfying emotional conclusions, and fast paced plots. My friend K. introduced me to Crusie's works back in grad school, and since then I've waited for her new releases.

This past week, Dogs and Goddesses, Crusie's collaboration with Anne Stuart and Lani Diane Rich was *finally* released. I spent Saturday night and Sunday morning entering this fantastic fictional world that bridges myth, reality, and fantasy with lust, love, and canines.

Crusie shares her writing process with readers through a series of blogs, and it's delightful to watch the creative process culminate in the published work. Check her out! (warning: these are *not* "sweets," i.e. romances w/o sex)

I should admit that I'm going to be on a panel with Crusie at the Romance Writers of American Conference/Convention this summer...and am thrilled...and terrified, since I'll be discussing her works. With her sitting there, moderating the discussion. No pressure. And, the other panelist happens to be Pamela Regis, romance scholar extraordinaire, whose work I also discuss.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:59 PM

    The conference panel sounds like fun.

    I've read a bunch of Jennifer Cruise novels, but not in a long time. They're great quick and fun reads.

    ReplyDelete