about bliss

Monday, February 23, 2009

daily bliss: panera cinnamon crunch bagels and coffee

Last fall my friend H and I (not the same H as in the previous post--shall we say Wisconsin H versus Michigan H:) met two mornings a week to run/walk, chat, and drink coffee before starting our busy days. Last week we decided to start again this week as the weather was beginning to thaw...

And so, this morning, my excitement to start again battled with the temperature on the thermometer: 9 degrees. I checked my facebook page and read a nice message from H, written last night, telling me she was ready to hit the sidewalks this morning. I layered on three warm sets of capilene and fleece and drove to her house. We didn't run very far as we're out of practice and the wind was sapping our breath, but we probably logged two miles total.

With rosy cheeks, we returned to her house for coffee and--a real treat--Panera bagels. Now, here in small town Wisconsin, Panera bagels are a real luxury, brought back from travels to distant cities. I wavered between a healthier trail mix or multi-grain bagel and decided to go with the sugar crusted cinnamon crunch. Delicious, if not the most nutritious, and a wonderful start to renewing a routine.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:27 PM

    I love Panera's cinnamon crunch bagels. Yes, I agree total bliss especially after a bit of exercise and with a good friend.

    ReplyDelete