about bliss

Thursday, February 26, 2009

daily bliss: public radio

As I've mentioned before, I'm fortunate to have a rather flexible schedule that allows me to work from home sometimes (blessedly so--I've tried reading for class and grading papers in my office to no avail...every 5 minutes there's some disturbance and I have to start all over). At home, I work to the soundtrack of classical music on my local Wisconsin Public Radio station. The music creates a calming background without too much distraction, unless the piece is one I played during my years in symphony orchestras. Then my fingers are itching to trace out old patterns on my my violin.

In the mornings, I listen to the news and weather, and wait for Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac, sharing a daily dose of poetry and important literary history and birthdays. In the evenings, I listen to the news again, and wait for the classical music to resume, so my evenings can end where my days began.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:02 PM

    I love public radio too! I'm obsessed...I won't listen to anything else :)

    ReplyDelete