about bliss

Saturday, March 14, 2009

daily bliss: pizza party


In H and J's cheery kitchen, presiding over pizza

I see that this is my third pizza themed daily bliss post...seems this simple food brings much joy to my life! Tonight I joined friends T and J at H and J's home for a little make your own pizza party. We created pizzas and took turns slipping them into the oven until at least 10:00 p.m., sampling small wedges throughout the night, washed down with Nero d'Avolo and Syrah and an abundance of laughter. As the evening wound down, we discussed gardening and summer plans--too much to report in this post, and some exciting new ventures on the horizon for dharmagirl!

My favorite two pizzas of the evening featured, inexplicably, potatoes. Not just any potatoes, but creamy organic potatoes from T and J's large garden. One was a Greek creation, with oregano, olives, and feta, and the other was a swoon-inducing creation with rosemary, pancetta, and rosemary. T made the pancetta from pigs raised by his friends, pigs that lead happy lives, he assured me. I selected the slice with just a hint of pancetta, but the smoky sweetness permeated the whole pizza with glorious flavor, and I enjoyed every single bite without a smidgen of vegetarian guilt.


pancetta + potatoes= perfect pizza

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:33 PM

    Pizza is bliss. it's the perfect food.

    ReplyDelete