about bliss

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

twd: chocolate armagnac cake (the cake that got dorie fired!)

No chocolatey, boozy, pruney cake for me this week...

I had visitors this weekend (my family) who brought cake (for my birthday) and so I'm going to enjoy reading about everyone else's cakes and eating my birthday cake, a deconstructed German Chocolate Cake from the yellow Gourmet tome.

Please check out the TWD site for the list of illustrious and intrepid bakers, and especially LyB of And Then I Do the Dishes, who chose this week's recipe.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you do get to try it at some point, it is a delicious cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a nice birthday! It was a tasty little cake, so try it if you get the chance! In the meantime, enjoy that cake you got! Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your birthday cake! It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Yum, German chocolate cake sounds wonderful. How did you like the recipe?

    ReplyDelete